Friday 5 June 2015

Top 10 Disney songs

Oh no not another Disney post! (*gag*) Sorry... but... its... another Disney post! ... yes? oh well here goes... (and I won't put any Pirates of the Caribbean in here, I promise)

This was really hard to do, they all practically tie so I did not prioritize them.

I won't say I'm in love (Hercules)
This song gets catchier every time I hear it, (and I have pressed the replay button uncountable times) it almost has an old time rock and roll or a jazzy kind of "ring" to it

I'll make a man out of you (Mulan)
The song starts out as "just another song" but soon turns into a pumped up "We can do it!" that I love to listen to over and over again. (and over and over and over...)

Let it go (Frozen)
Sure your little sister is driving you crazy with this one, but you have to admit its a very good song. It has lovely piano music, and though it takes Idina Menzel a little time to get into it, once she does the song becomes that beautiful I hate it but I love that it is today. (and don't even get me started on the multi-language one!)

For the firzt time in forever (Frozen)
Yes its Frozen so yes little kids will torture you with it, but if you really listen, its a good song.

I just can't wait to be king (The Lion King)
Catchy, catchy annoy... Catchy!

Part of your world (The Little Mermaid)
A classic of classics you could adapt the lyrics to anything you long for.

Kiss the girl (The Little Mermaid)
The little Mermaid was my favorite Disney movie when I was little (and it still has a place in my heart) It had a lot of great songs, but who doesn't want to sha la la la away to this one? Besides that it excellently portrays the urgency behind it all you can almost feel it...

Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)
Such a lovely song!

Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid)

Another "under sea" orchestra (courtesy of Sebastian the Crab)

The Gospel Truth (Hercules)

These 5 women in the Hercules movie provide the singing (and I love that African-American style!)

So thats my 10 way tie of favorite Disney movies. I did not include the songs sung by artist that were played during the movie (such as Phil Collins in Tarzan, and Elvis Presley (and covers) in Lilo & Stitch) These songs were sung by the characters in the movie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment