Saturday 13 June 2015

Reviews, for several movies!

Greetings I hope you are enjoying the world outside of your room, because I have come down with a summer cold (so have three of my siblings, so our house sounds like the children's ward of a hospital during flu season). Well back on topic I have plenty of time on my hands so I have been watching movies, lots of them. I tried to pick up a book but found it hard to concentrate (darn these head colds!) So I sat in front of a screen for 6 hours (probably not too healthy, but it's not like I'm not already sick).

Anyways I thought that I'd do some reviews, but differently today (still trying to find a good review style) so instead of giving you the plot or writing about the story I will give you the trailer (that way I can't spoil anything that you couldn't have looked up yourself) and then I will give you some revies on acting ect. Let's get started!

Mortdecai (2015)



First impression: The trailer makes this seem like an action packed (with some comedy) thrilling movie, and that it's for adults... my take on the movie is "It's as bad as the reviews said it was" I again watched because... Johnny Depp:) and again the movie was a flop (Having nothing to do with Depp) the movie was silly, stupid in fact. Charlie Mortdecai is the dumbest character I have ever seen (seriously) So is Jock, (Jock is the physically strong but mentally dumb kind) the movie desperately tried to make this a movie for older audiences (desperately) they tried mystery (didn't get it) they tried hinting things (Which were suppose to be funny, I'm not too good at being blunt in this case, i'm sure you get it). It was just stupid.

Main cast: Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Bettany, Olivia Munn, Evan McGregor

Acting: I think the acting was pretty good considering the script they had to work with

Violence: Two people die, I wouldn't classify it as gory, one just went lifeless the other did involve some blood (a little) It all depends on your sensitivity.

Language: Let's see, there may have been a word or two, overall the movie is pretty clean

Genre: Action/Comedy

Indecent moments: There is that bathtub moment but nothing is shown (I assure you) and they are married... but there is plenty of hintings regarding Jock (it really disgusted me, what they were implying) but again nothing whatsoever is shown. (whew!) then there's a Georgina's meeting Mortdecai and something her father says, I think thats it...

Character development: There wasn't any really (which I hate), just a dumb movie

Final verdict: I do not recommend this movie



Disney's "Atlantis, the lost empire" (2001)



First Impression: I liked the movie well enough, It didn't really strike me as something I'd rave about or love to watch again, but I don't dislike it either.

Acting: The voice acting was good enough still 50/50 on the whole movie

Music/Singing: They had a pretty good soundtrack, but no singing (which is unusual for animated Disney)

My Disney rating: 5 out of 10

Final Verdict: Watch if you want to


The Tourist (2010)



First Impression: In a nutshell, I loved this movie!!! My parents told me about and had nothing against me watching it by myself. After all, Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie? Great. I heard that Depp and Jolie did not get along, but by the chemistry between their characters, Elise and Frank, you never would have guessed.  The movie had realistic looking action, romance and some comedic, charming and thrilling scenes. The movie wasn't one that laid out the whole plot in the first half hour (not one of those "Hero-gets-mission-and-goes-on-adventure" type,) this movie had you guessing, surprised and delighted, as all the puzzle pieces clicked into place over the course of the movie (love those types of movies!) I reall enjoyed the movie and I will definitely watch it again someday.

Main Cast: Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, Paul Bettany, Steven Berkoff, Rufus Sewell, Christian De Sica, Alessio Boni

Acting: In one word "Superb"! Excellent, oscar worthy, all of that:)

Age appropriate: It's not the family type, by that I only mean that you have to be old enough to understand what is going, you need to be able to "get it" so I'd say 14 ish (could be 13 if you like some romance or don't mind it and "get it")

Inappropriate scenes: I am happy to say, none!

Genre: Action/romance

Final verdict: 10/10 and I definitely recommend that you watch the movie!


And I also have an announcement to make, my friend Abby and I have started a Pirates of the Caribbean fan blog together, here is the link "Hoist the Colors!" so you should definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment