Sunday 31 May 2015

Movie Review: Disney's Lilo & Stitch



Yes I know, another Disney movie... but that's what I watched so that's you get to read! (sorry)... not.

Also, if I were to rename this movie I would call it "Ramona Quimby adopts and tames a Tasmanian devil" that about sums it up.

stitch animated GIF

(experiment 626) is an alien the result of an experiment by a "Mad scientist" on another planet. He was build to destroy and the only thing that can harm him is water, he is placed in isolation and monitored but escapes and finds his way to Hawaii, planet earth.

Funny Disney animated GIF

Lilo is a small Hawaiian girl about 6 years old. She may look cute bit is regular nuisance and little drama queen with a temper. Deep down Lilo is just lonely and feels misunderstood.

disney animated GIF

Lilo lives with her older sister Nani who struggles to care for her, they often fight, yelling at each other on top of Nani's struggles social services believe she cannot adequately provide or care for Lilo.

Cartoons & Comics Hug animated GIF

After landing on earth experiment 626 is run over by a truck and taken to an animal shelter where he tries to look more like a dog in order to get out.

lilo and stitch animated GIF

In order to give Lilo a friend and smooth things over, Nani takes Lilo to the animal shelter to pick out a dog, Lilo chooses experiment 626 and names him Stitch.

disney animated GIF

To add to everyone's trouble's, Stitch is being pursued by two aliens on a mission to capture him before he causes too much harm and Nani loses her job. Watch to find out what happens next :P

disney animated GIF

Overall I liked the movie, and for those of you that don't consider yourself too old for animated Disney movies add it to your watched list! 

stitch animated GIF

Also, there is a lot a Elvis music... my kind of music... (yes I'm serious) and I was pleasantly surprised.

disney animated GIF

I also watched the Hunchback of Notredame today, I won't do a whole post so I will just post it here. It's a musical in a way more than your average movie. I have to say, I didn't really like it (if you love it I apologize) I'm not really into musicals either (though I like The sound of music) I like music and songs, I like movies but I don't like too much singing in one movie. There are exceptions (Mary Poppins is a lovely musical) but I only like "God save the outcasts" I just felt like something wasn't right or missing in the movie but I cannot put my finger on it.

And they lived happily ever after...The End

No comments:

Post a Comment