1) You have to hold everything a certain way (my fingers refuse) my wrist refuses too...
2) A shoulder pad is a must have
3) Rosin shatters like glass if dropped (I was told that, I have not tested this a don't plan to)
4) The violin is the most beautiful instrument I have ever seen
5) Its the most horrible sounding when played by beginners instrument (my poor neighbors and the people on the sidewalk walking by and cringing)
6) Your fingers after practice
7) I get that, don't touch my horse hair!
8) You appreciate people like Lindsey Stirling 10x as much, how does she do that?!!
9) Bows are seen as a separate instrument (I wrinkled my forehead too)
10) "Place your fingers on the frog" has a different meaning now
11) You keep your fingernails short (really short)
And have lots of fun!