Wednesday 12 August 2015

Whats up Wednesdays?


My friend Abby (over at Castles in the Air) told me that she had seen these segments "Awkward and awesome" on other blogs, where bloggers share the awkward and the awesome things that had happened to them that week. And I have decided to do just such a segment. But "Awkward and Awesome Wednesdays" sounded too boring so my title is "What's up Wednesdays?" but the "logo" as it were states simply, "Awkward and Awesome Wednesdays". These are all true, Enjoy!


Awkward:
Practicing your Violin and even the I-never-care cat begs to be let out of the house (because moving to the other end of the house is not far enough)


Awesome:
Finding a youtube video of the fiddle song "Devil's dream" (very popular fiddle song) on Sunday, and my Violin teacher pulling out the exact music for us to learn at my latest lesson (today)!


 Awkward:
Waiting to cross the street, I stopped looking at the crossing light, my mind wandered and I missed the walking signal. So I stood there like an idiot enjoying some cloud watching like I was in no hurry to cross.


Awesome:
Going shopping after Violin lessons and taking my violin along (because I can't leave it in the car). People look at you violin case like "She is a musician!" (And no one knowing I am a complete beginner and still sound pretty awful... according to my cat)


Awkward:
Walking along the sidewalk the other day and a fellow pedestrian walking by looks at me funny, I then glance at my image in the next window and realize I'm having a pretty bad hair day.


Awesome:
Figuring out how to play "My heart will go on" on the violin (I guess "All good things include Violins" this past week)


Awkward:
Waking up early to go on a day trip only to find out my brother is sick, one by one the others admit to not feeling well, dropping off like houseflies (just sick) but there I am like "okay... I cancel?"


Awesome:
I did not get sick.

Well that concludes this weeks summary, how was your week?


4 comments:


  1. I need to do mine for this week, even though it's late.

    Ha ha!! Poor Milly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who cares if its late? Can't wait to read it!

      And poor Millie indeed! (She usually doesn't care about any noise, not even toddlers throwing a tantrum) but my Violin playing drover her out!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you didn't get sick! Sick is awful:(

    Fun post, Alicia!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised I usually catch everything I come in contact with:()

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete